- Country of manufacturePoland
The caustic soda is a widespread and strongest alkali. It has an appearance of scaly granules of white color without pronounced smell. The size of scales fluctuates from 0,2 to 0,5 mm. Substance has fine hygroscopic properties, and also is remarkably dissolved in water. At dissolution generates heat. Caustic sodium well transfers all available ways of transportation. In the liquid state it is transported in tanks. In a firm state it is packaged in bags.
The caustic soda is as known as technical caustic sodium and a caustic soda. She is let out in a liquid and firm look. Substance intends for chemical, metallurgical, automobile, food (E 524), light, gas and oil industry. The caustic soda took the worthy place and in medicine. Such soda is used for production of mineral fertilizer, biofuel and in pulp - and - paper branch.
Though substance is also applied in many fields of activity, it has some unpleasant features. It is possible to carry to shortcomings of the caustic soda:
- substance unsafe, working with it it is necessary to use gloves and glasses;
- it is necessary to be attentive as substance slowly corrodes the enameled covering of a bathroom and a sink.
However, soda has many positive sides which treats:
- means of 100% corrodes all fatty and organic deposits;
- works even after washing of the sewerage;
- smoothes roughnesses in pipes that slows down adjournment process;
- for prevention it is enough to use once a month;
- soda has the low price and is available in all shops.
Substance has strong destructive abilities, so can corrode an aluminum and zinc surface. Carry out by soda production disinfection. Caustic sodium is explosive, it is carried to combustible substances with the increased danger.
The caustic soda has such formula: NaOH.