- Country of manufactureRussia
- Width152 cm
The word "melange" in translation from French means "mixture". Melange fabric is a mixture of different fibers.
To obtain such a fabric, special technologies are used. Factories use the following yarn mix options:
- cottonseed of one or more colors;
- plain and natural woolen dyed in different colors;
- a mixture of artificial fibers of different types.
Each weaving production has its own methods of producing melange. Factories use special color coding, fabric fiber mixing principles. The resulting fabric can vary dramatically depending on what types of threads and how they are woven. The material has the following characteristics:
- it has a slightly uneven, bumpy surface with nodules;
- interlacing of threads with different thicknesses gives the fabric pattern a convex appearance, which enhances the attractiveness of the material;
- depending on the angle of incidence of the sun's rays, the melange may shimmer and look different.
There are the following types of melange:
- drape melange, which is a dense material, most often one - color or two - color, which is used for sewing coats, finishing furniture or car interiors ;
- melange cloth, which has a thinner and more fleecy surface, is used for tailoring suits;
- felt - cloth, which is used for tailoring suits;
- cheviot, representing melange with an admixture of cotton fibers, used for sewing jackets, uniforms, suits ;
- leotards for sewing trousers, sweatpants;
- carpetcut with rib - like projections.
If you decide to buy melange, you should know how to care for such fabric. General recommendations look like this:
- act strictly according to the instructions on the product label;
- wash in warm, not hot water, by hand or using a machine;
- iron only from the inside out;
- store suits not folded, but hanging;
- dry products in places without direct sunlight to avoid product burnout.