SKM75GB12V IGBT Power Semikron module V-IGBT chip
In a warehouse there are samples of new power Semikron SKM75GB12V modules with V-IGBT crystals.
In addition to already released SEMITRANS modules with IGBT Trench 4 chips, the SEMITRANS family can be completed with 1200 V V-IGBT crystals now.
** Basic provisions: **
• At the heart of new chips 1200V Trench technology
• Power modules with V-IGBT the chip have at the end of marking 12V
• The size of chips is similar to IGBT4
• Identical types of diodes - CAL 4 are used.
** Features of application of V-IGBT: **
• V-IGBT have higher speed of switching, than IGBT4 or SPT at the identical resistor of a lock of RG (bigger di/dton value)
• Losses of inclusion of Eon for V-IGBT (at similar and smaller RG) are lower than at IGBT4
• Speed of switching of V-IGBT can be reduced when using bigger RGon value. At the same time nature of switching becomes similar to IGBT4
• The behavior at switching off at chips of different type is similar
• Losses of switching off of Eoff are similar (regardless of the value RG)
• Unlike IGBT4, du/dt and di/dtoff for V-IGBT decrease with growth of RGoff
• RG influences losses of the return recovery of Err
• Increase in RG leads to decrease in Err
• Losses of the return recovery of modules with CAL4 diodes are similar, irrespective of the IGBT type (V-IGBT or IGBT4)
• QG gate charge at V-IGBT is 90% more than at IGBT4 and is 20% more than at IGBT SPT (this fact needs to be considered at the choice of the driver and calculation of power of losses of the control diagram)
• V-IGBT and IGBT4 have identical restrictions of OBR / SOA (Safe Operating Area)
• Overvoltage level at bigger VDC value for V-IGBT is lower, than at IGBT4
• The maximum current of the inverter with V-IGBT is similar IGBT4 (chart 1).
** Technical data: **
• rated voltage of U=1200 V
• it is long a permissible current of a collector at a temperature of case of 25 degrees - IC@ (TC=25º C) = 121A
• it is long a permissible current of a collector at a maximum temperature of the case — Icnom=75A
• saturation voltage of the collector emitter — VCEsat=1,85V
• losses of energy at inclusion — Eon=6,7mJ
• losses of energy on switching off — Eoff=7,1mJ
• thermal resistance transition case (IGBT) — Rth (j-c) = 0,38K/W
• a forward current (the return diode) at a temperature of case of 25 degrees — IF@ (TC=25º C) = = 97A
• (direct) direct voltage drop (on the return diode) - VF=2,17 V
• losses of energy at the return recovery (the return diode) — Err=4.2mJ
• thermal resistance transition case (diode) — Rth (j-c) =0,58 K/W.
• the case - SEMITRANS 2.