Sodium hypochlorite is the most widely used means for disinfecting of drinking water and water of pools. It is also known to many consumers as "chlorine for the pool" as the preparation contains the active chlorine oxidizing organic substances thereby killing microorganisms. For example, such large organization as Mosvodokanal regularly buys large volumes of sodium hypochlorite for disinfecting of mains water on the Moscow water treatment constructions.
The main thing in sodium hypochlorite — not so much firm and not the manufacturing country, how many freshness! Over time the preparation decays and at decomposition emits O2 oxygen. If expensive import hypochlorite lies several months — he "will exhaust" and its application will be, to put it mildly, inefficient. And formula that at import that at domestic preparation — same! If to you interpret about any additives stabilizers for long storage — perhaps they and prolong preparation shelf-life, but at the same time can worsen its properties and to be unsafe for health. And you really believe that ALL on sale French and German hypochlorite is done in France or in Germany? And how about more and more amplifying sanctions of the European Union? About support of domestic producer?
Sodium hypochlorite use
Aqueous solution of sodium hypochlorite is dosed, with use of the pump doser or manually (if the pool small). The quantity of the dosed preparation depends on water temperature, weather conditions and intensity of use of the pool.
The daily dose of preparation will make 90-130 ml on 10 cubic meters of water of the pool.
Recommendations about safety
- Do not allow contact of sodium hypochlorite with skin and clothes — use rubber gloves;
- Contact with skin can cause chemical burn, contact with clothes — decolorization or disintegration of fabric, especially cotton; Usually does not cause damage of leather products;
- You store preparation in the place, unavailable to children;
- Do not mix sodium hypochlorite directly with other chemicals, especially acids since harmful gases (chlorine) can be emitted;
- During the work with preparation avoid inhalation of its vapors, at once you go out of doors after inhalation;
- At hit in eyes or on skin wash out places of contact by large amount of water, if necessary see doctor;
Recommendations about storage
- To store in the closed canisters in the dry cool room at temperature 5-25ºС;
- In process of storage the content of active chlorine falls (depends on temperature, pressure, lighting) that demands increase in dose of preparation;
- Sodium hypochlorite for processing of pools contains 13-16% of active chlorine.