- Country of manufactureUkraine
- DesignПо согласованию
The industry receives green vitriol as by-product at metalworking plants from the dips received in processing of steel products for the purpose of removal of scale from them before further surface processing.
Green vitriol (ferrous sulfate) is used:
- in power,
- in nonferrous metallurgy,
- in chemical industry,
- as fungicide,
- as reducer
- in receiving pigments,
- as wood preservative,
- as electrolyte component in galvanotechnics.
The present standard extends to green vitriol technical (gland (II) sulfate heptahydrate) (further - green vitriol) which is received by elimination of the fulfilled sulphuric acid dips intended for use in chemical industry, nonferrous metallurgy, power industry.
Production of green vitriol (ferrous sulfate) has to conform to requirements of the present standard for the production schedules approved in accordance with the established procedure.
On physical and chemical indicators, green vitriol has to meet the standards specified in the table.
|Name of indicator||Norm|
OKP 21 41220130
OKP 21 41220140
|1. Appearance||Crystals of greenish-bluish color|
|2. Mass fraction of ferrous sulfate (II) of % not less||53||47|
|3. Mass fraction of free sulphuric acid, % no more||0,3||1,0|
|4. Mass fraction of the substances which are not dissolved in water, % no more||0,2||1,0|
|The indicators established at the customer's request.
- In green vitriol of the first grade the mass fraction of ferrous sulfate (III) is defined. Norms of this indicator are not rejection
- In the green vitriol intended for the formula-feed industry mass fractions of lead, cadmium, mercury, fluorine and arsenic are defined.