What is the endoprosthesis replacement?
Endoprosthesis replacement of a joint is a surgery during which the parts of a joint destroyed by an illness are replaced with artificial. These artificial parts are called the term "endoprosthesis". Replacement of worn-out parts of a joint with new leads to full elimination of pain in a joint or its considerable easing, improvement of mobility in the operated joint.
What is the reason of pain at destruction of a coxofemoral joint?
Different pathologies, such as the deforming arthrosis, rheumatoid arthritis, an aseptic necrosis of a head of a hip, Bekhterev's illness, Steel's illness and others, leading to destruction of an articulate cartilage, and at late stages - a brain of the bones creating a joint. It leads to a resistant pain syndrome which disturbs even at night.
Arthrosis of a coxofemoral joint
Hip neck fracture
Stages of a necrosis of a coxofemoral joint
How it is long possible to accept nonsteroid anti-inflammatory preparations (NPVP), hondroprotektor, steroid drugs?
NPVP, as well as hondroprotektor, sometimes accept for months, and intra articulate injections of steroid hormones sometimes allow to get rid of a pain syndrome in half a year or for a year. There are also substitutes of sinovialny liquid, such as Gialgan, Ostenil and others.
How to learn that time for endoprosthesis replacement of a coxofemoral joint already came?
Endoprosthesis replacement of a coxofemoral joint is carried out when drug treatment of this or that disease of this joint does not lead to desirable result, and function of the affected extremity decreases on so many that results in disability. Besides, the patient has an expressed pain syndrome and the available radiological signs. All this confirms destruction of articulate surfaces. In that case your attending physician will offer you endoprosthesis replacement. Endoprosthesis replacement coxofemoral joints is effective and often only way of full recovery of the lost function of an extremity at different diseases and damages.
What indications for endoprosthesis replacement of a coxofemoral joint?
Indications for endoprosthesis replacement of a coxofemoral joint:
· rheumatoid polyarthritis
· Bekhterev's illness
· system red wolf cub
· coxarthrosis of a different origin
· dysplasia of a coxofemoral joint
· chronic inborn dislocation at adults
· hip neck pseudo-arthrosis
· aseptic necrosis of a head of a different origin
· deformations of area of a vertluzhny hollow at injury effects
· tumors of proximal department of a femur
· some forms of a tubercular koksit
· unsuccessful result of the previous operations on a joint
· fractures of a neck and head of a femur
Anyway, the patient should consult with the doctor and only the doctor can define need of carrying out this operation.
Whether there are contraindications for endoprosthesis replacement?
Certainly, as well as at any surgery at endoprosthesis replacement is as well contraindications. Absolute contraindications to this operation are:
· diseases of cardiovascular and bronchial and pulmonary system in a decompensation stage
· existence of the center of a purulent infection in an organism (tonsillitis, carious teeth, chronic antritises and otitises, pustulous diseases of skin, etc.)
· mental or neuromuscular disorders which increase risk of different frustration and violations in the postoperative period
· an active or latent infection in a coxofemoral joint prescription less than 3 months
· immaturity of a skeleton
· sharp diseases of vessels of the lower extremities (thrombophlebitis, thrombembolia)